Friday 29 April 2011

Union Jacks


I'm back from England and I can only say it was amazing! Not only seeing my family again but having so much stuff to do. After the flight delay due to the stupid Portuguese laws under which I don't even actually belong because I am officially living in Germany. Anyway. 
After one day of relaxing and planning my now remaining 9 days, I went to see 'Red Riding Hood' with my awsome cousine Charlie :) I really liked it. Actually even more than the first twilight movie directed by the same director. The theme is very similar in both films there is a love triangle and a werewolf involed. It stars Amanda Seyfried (Valerie), who is beautiful, and two new hotties called Max Irons (Henry) and Shiloh Fernandez (Peter). The story was about a old village which was haunted by a werewolf every full moon. But in a 'blood moon' there can be a new werewolf created, by only one bite. The wolf is trying to turn Valerie were wolf and in the end it is revealed that her father is the wolf. After killing him there is another wolf created, but it is not her. The love story:  she was in love with Peter since she was a little girl but as he was only a woodcutter, her parents decided to marry her to Henry (who loves her and is a really good and sweet guy - I am Team Henry) who she doesn't love. In the end she does go with Peter, but there things are no less difficult. I can understand that this way was more the typical fairy tale romance but I had still hoped for Henry to 'get the girl'...
The next day we did some clothes shopping in a HUGE mall!! awsome shoes, shorts, bikinis... it's summer! The weather was better than it is in 'sunny' Portugal at the moment..... (which was fine then but now that im back... :S) One more day of relaxing on Thursday when my older beautiful cousine Kate, arrives.... Oh, and my aunt.... Meg...
The next day London was on the program, seeing the musical 'Chicago' in Cambridge Circus Theater was amazing. The film was very different from the musical mainly as it was not nearly as funny. But I still love both. And of course the music was incredible.
Nothing was planned for Saturday, but we decided to go to a point-to-point horse race. It was basicly, a racing course and opportunity to park all aroud it. Families got out blankets and had picnics. Also there was betting and cake sales, ice cream vans and how about a go on the bouncy castles...? Amazing photos and feeling sick because of all the food was the result.
Easter Sunday - lots of family, food and croquet, thats about it. :D
On my last real day, the beach. This really put Portugal to shame. A) The sand was way finer than back home B) the weather was equally much better and C) not even the water was much warmer.... seriously!
The flight back was no problem except for the fact that someone forgot to pick me up from the airport... brilliant!! still finally I've made it back, just in time to watch the Royal wedding.
Here I have to say, some people might be sick of hearing about it, but its a thing that happens just every 30 years or so. I mean the REALLY important ones. Like Kate, the first 'commener' to marry into the royal family. And did you see her dress? So beautiful. I really hope that this marriage will last, and not end in some sinister mystery, that is horrible every possible way.
Well anyway, I really enjoyed everything Union Jack related that has happened these holidays, it was an amazing holliday. Not even Ibiza or the Carribeans could have been better.
Thanx for the amazing time to the Hugills!! I love u all!

No comments:

Post a Comment